Because of the lack of important news ,the US dollar continued its pullback last week . This week focus will be on Reserve Bank of Australia (Monetary Policy Meeting Minutes) , Swiss National Bank Thomas Jordan speech , Bank of Japan Monetary Policy Statement (Interest Rate Decision) , and finally the high importance US FOMC Meeting Minutes late on next Wednesday . Note that there is a great opportunity for US dollars to resume the bullish trend after FOMC Meeting Minutes, anyway , let’s highlight the most critical events which may influence currency market next week :
Sunday, Feb 15 2015
- New Zealand will publish data on Retail Sales , It’s the primary measure of consumer spending, which accounts for the majority of overall economic activity. It will be be published at 21:45.
- Japan will release data on Gross Domestic Product , It’s the most important indicator to measure the economy’s health and activities .It will be published at 23:50.
Monday , Feb 16 2015
- The high importance Euro-group Meetings , Greek bailout talks will dominate the meeting , outcomes of the meeting could give the EURO a clear direction . The meeting will continue throughout the day.
Tuesday , Feb 17 2015
- Reserve Bank of Australia Monetary Policy Meeting Minutes at 00:30
- UK will publish data on consumer price index , It’s the UK’s most important inflation data because it’s used as the central bank’s inflation target , It will be published at 09:30
- Germany will release data on ZEW Economic Sentiment , It will be released at 10:00
- Swiss National Bank Chairman Thomas Jordan Speaks at 17:00
Wednesday , Feb 18 2015
- Bank of Japan Interest Rate Decision followed by Press Conference.
- UK will publish data on Claimant Count Change at 09:30
- Canada will publish data on Wholesale Sales at 13:30.
- US will release data on Building Permits as well as a report on Producer Price Index at 13:30
- Later on the day , the Federal Reserve is to announce its benchmark interest rate and publish its rate statement, (FOMC meeting). at 19:00
Thursday , Feb 18 2015
- The U.S. will publish its weekly report on initial jobless claims at 13:30
- US will end the day with Philadelphia Fed Manufacturing Survey at 15:00
Friday , Feb 19 2015
- France will release data on Manufacturing PMI at 08:00
- Germany will release data on Manufacturing PMI at 08:30
- UK will release data on Retail Sales at 09:30
- Canada will end the week with data on Core Retail Sales at 13:30
*All times are GMT