This is the first full trading week in 2020. The world will focus primarily on the tension between Iran and the United States. Any possible Iranian response to the oil countries. It may turn the market upside down.
Economically: the focus will be on the US jobs report next Friday, the following are the most important events that may affect the market during this week:
The United States killed Qassem Soleimani, the second man in Iran last Thursday (Midnight GMT). Iran has threatened to respond. Trump also threatened to strike 52 targets inside Iran.
I think there is one thing that is important: Iran’s response to the oil countries (KSA and UAE for example). It will turn the market upside down.
U.S Economic Data
- ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI (Dec) on Thursday at 15:00 GMT
- ADP Nonfarm Employment Change (Dec) on Wednesday at 13:15 GMT
- Nonfarm Payrolls (Dec) on Friday at 13:30 GMT
- Unemployment Rate (Dec) on Friday at 13:30 GMT
Euro-zone Economic Data
- Euro-zone inflation report on Tuesday at 10:00 GMT
- ECB Publishes Account of Monetary Policy Meeting on Thursday at 12:30 GMT
Canada Economic Data
- Ivey PMI (Dec) on Tuesday at 15:00 GMT
- BoC Gov Poloz Speaks on Thursday at 19:00 GMT
- Employment Change (Dec) on Friday at 13:30
Australia Economic Data
- Retail Sales (MoM) (Nov) on Friday at 00:30 GMT
You can track the economic data in real-time at the following link below: