- German Producer Price Index for January at 07: 00, the Index rebounded in December, reversing a point 1% dip last month.
- Swiss Trade Balance for January at 07: 00, Trade surplus posted an unexpected drop in December from 2 billion Swiss francs last month as imports outpaced the exports.
- French Manufacturing PMI for February at 08:00, both the manufacturing and service indices came in stronger than expected in January, although they still show a contraction.
- German Manufacturing PMI for February at 08: 30, the manufacturing index went up in January from 54.3 a month ago, but the service index slipped from 53.5.
- Euro-Zone Consumer Confidence for February at 09:00. The manufacturing index posted its fourth consecutive monthly gain in January, while the service index bounced back from the decline it posted the previous month.
- U.S Consumer Price Index for January at 13:30. The monthly inflation reached a six-month high in December in light of rising fuel and rent costs.
- U.S jobless claims at 13: 30. Initial claims went up by 8,000 during the week ending February 8, while the continuing claims declined by 18,000 during the week ending February 1.
- Philadelphia Fed Manufacturing Index for February at 15:00. The January index came in stronger than expected, having stood at 7.0 in December.
- Bank of Japan Monetary Policy Meeting Minutes at 23:50. No changes in the monetary policy were announced during the January meeting.
* All times are GMT
So this was the Economic Calendar for Thursday. We’ll be back with our next overview of key events for Friday. Goodbye.